- Try not to bombard the kids with too many options - if you have too many things going on at once they can get overwhelmed and/or distracted.
- If you are having the party in somewhere like a park, and hiring an entertainer, just keep in mind that distractions like playground equipment can make it difficult for them to engage all of the children at all times.
- If you are going to use a face painter, have something else for the kids to do whilst they are waiting to get their face painters, e.g. a lot of the face painters we use also do balloon animals or provide bubble wands to keep the kids amused.
- Babies and toddlers are generally too young for structured birthday games and are happy playing with whatever toys you have.
- There's nothing wrong with having prizes for winners of games, as long as they all have fun playing.
- Something that the kids get to make and take home with them is a great way to entertain the kids and avoid any disappointment at not winning a prize. Also games where all the kids play at once are better options than ones where they have to wait their turn.
- Most 3 to 4 year olds are still just that little bit too young for structured party games but if you really want to incorporate some games, keep it simple and something where all the kids win something, like pass the parcel. Other good options for this age group are jumping castles, clowns, fairies & other kids party entertainers, or play centers (if you can stand the noise!).
- Structured party games and craft activities are great for 4 to 8 year olds, or pony rides, face painters, jumping castles, clowns, fairies & other kids party entertainers. Venues such as amusement parks, roller skating rinks and lasertag centers are also convenient options.
- 9+ year olds may not admit that they still like party games so disco parties, makeover parties and slumber parties with minimal adult interaction are usually the most popular options for this age group!
All of our packages include games. The DIY Party Packages include five games and activities, with instructions, that are easy to run yourself anywhere.
Our Hosted Party Packages (currently available on the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane & Melbourne) include approx eight games and activities, with a host to run them for you, as well as tableware, decorations and loot bags in your chosen theme.
We also have the option of Hosted Games Package which include just the games/activities and host without the party supplies.